- What to Expect When You’re Expecting, 4th Edition
- Heading Home with Your Newborn: From Birth to Reality, 2nd Edition
- Be Prepared: A Practical Handbook for New Dads
And finally, Be Prepared: A Practical Handbook for New Dads -
This was bought for me by my wife as an early fathers day gift. At first glance, it looks like a gag, but the further you get into it the more you realize this is a priceless tome of knowledge.
Brought to market in a trade paperback format with thick durable gloss cover, this book is designed to look like a Boy Scout handbook. Guess what folks? It is not a joke. this book is A-Maz-Ing.. Amazing.. Beginning with week 1 and breaking it into sections of months, each portion is tailored to common concerns you may run into:
- How to get a baby to sleep when sleep just isn’t happening
- How to cope with going back to work when your wife and kid are at home without you.
- Simple exercise you can do to make that horrific baby carrying backpain go away.
- Constructing an emergency diaper out of a towel a sock and some duct tape
- If you can recognize a tongue in cheek, you will find that every page of this book is catered towards making life easier for the dad of the house. The mom should also read this book as it is hilarious and informative. The basics of burping, changing, stroller buying.. all from a male “don’t tell me how to do it, I can figure it out with out instructions” point of view.
Every man I know going forward who is having a kid will receive a copy of this book from me. If all else fails in this book, the thick wipe-able cover will make it a good teething companion at some point.
Please note: on of the authors of this book also created the “Pop-up book of Phobias”, which is a classic..
Publisher: Simon & Schuster (2004)